SITE VISITOR INFORMATION
The site visit is the most critical and most complex aspect of the accreditation process. It is also the most visible function of the Committee on Accreditation for Kinesiotherapy (CoA-KT). Thus, the CoA-KT has the obligation to assure itself and the educational community it serves that those engaged in the site evaluation are fully qualified and competent.
The process of accreditation is heavily dependent upon the performance of the site visit team. This team must collect, review, interpret, verify, and document all information pertaining to the program accurately and reliably. The accreditation recommendation made by the CoA-KT depends, in part, upon the information so gathered and unless this information is accurate and fully documented, the Committee will be unable to reach a fair and responsible decision concerning the program.
CRITERIA FOR APPOINTMENT AS A CoA-KT SITE VISITOR
In order to be considered for appointment as a site visitor for CoA-KT, the following must be accomplished:
1. Submit a current CV containing:
• Employment History
• Professional Activities
• Education and Training
• Last 5 years of publications
2. Complete and submit a Site Visitor Candidate Questionnaire
AFTER SELECTION AS A SITE VISITOR:
• Complete the CAAHEP online Site Visitor training module and send in completion certificate to the CoA-KT Administrative Officer
• Read the CoA-KT Site Visitor Manual and use as a reference for all site visits
•Complete an extensive review of the Standards and Guidelines so that you are able to apply them when reading the Self Study Report and conducting the site visit.